Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Computer knowledge

How many operating systems and programs have you needed to learn over the years? I think I started with DOS 5 and went thru Windows 3.1 to the present day Windows 7. I stopped trying to learn them inside and out at about Windows 98. It was getting harder to be competant with every new release.
Recently I needed to print a screen shot of a program and when I did the "shift-print screen" or even right clicked-- nothing I could see was happening. Now maybe I'm just dreaming but I thought in earlier version somewhere, a print screen would start just that! Nope no printing. At work i happened to ask one of the"young" guys who smiled and explained i needed to open a program like "paint" and control-v and it would show up there. I could then manipulate to My heart's content!
I emailed this information to My girls, their 12 years old, I thought it would interest them. When I arrived home they rolled their eyes and said they had been doing that for years and sent ME a link showing a different but equally easy way of "screen printing". Yes,My kids are now smarter than Me computerwise!
73--Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment