Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Dog fitness program

Meet "Bella" our Terrier,Dachshound,Lab? mix who We adopted last year from the local shelter.She was listed as two years old but all indications point to Her advanced age of about five. She has adjusted well to Her new home and loves to "walk" around our property.I've been trained by Her to walk many times on My days off-LOL. I don't mind,I need the excercise and enjoy spending time with Her.
I mention our dog because of the excercise and because I've noticed several Ham radio blogs I occasionaly read have indicated Health issues from the bloggers. I was recently diagnosed with high blood pressure which surprised Me considering My activity level. Probably genetics for Me but the point being is the need to take better care of ourselves. Ham Radio as a hobby does not tend to be physically exertive. Lots of brain power ,so just remember to add the physical part in somewhere.
Kids are back to school and I'm on vacation today-- raining outside so maybe I'll do some Ham projects. Bella and I have already had one walk this morning, any walks later will be in the rain. We've done that before- if its not too cold its kind of fun!!
73---Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment