Friday, October 22, 2010

This and That

Latest picture of My basement ham shack. Notice paint on the floor is peeled from mini flood this summer.I hope to repaint sometime soon! There is also another computer in the cabinet to the right. I'm finding two PC's are very handy. PC on the rolling cart I recently put together from two non working ones. Love those spares!
My inverted "L" project is still ongoing, I'm adding some more ground radials and will be attaching them to existing Butternut vertical ground radial system. This should effectively increase the radial field for both antennas. I'm also going to run some control cable to the waterproof box in case I decide to add aremote auto tuner for the "L". I've been considering doing this.
I've also had some time to add some of the new DXCC entities from the split of the Netherland Antilles(sp?) - PJ7E,PJ4D and PJ6A. Two on 15m and one on 17m. All on SSB! One was first call but most seem to be big pileups!
Hope to hear you on the bands next weekend for CQ WW Dx contest- I'm planning on some contesting time. Depends on family,work and weather!!
73--Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment