Thursday, October 14, 2010

Inverted "L" Saga- Part 1.5

OK- 1.5 is just a funny, but I have continued with this project. Darkness is keeping Me from lots of progress but I'm chugging along! I have a metal plate with a ground rod thru it as My connection for ground radials and sank a post at the base of the tree where I mounted a weatherproof box. This will be for antenna connections and any added components needed to make this antenna work.
I also decided to leave My spare coax to the pole building since its way longer than I need for this project. I have a smaller piece I'll run from my shack. I maybe have a solution to the vertical height-- slingshot attempt again but this time up at the apex of the wire and pulley. Maybe it would clear the heavy canopy to fall to the ground and give Me that extra height.
I'll try to take and post some pictures. Vacation tomorrow so hopefully have some time to play with antennas!
73--Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment