Monday, August 27, 2012

Hawaii QSO Party and DX

It started raining Saturday Afternoon so that gave Me an excuse to stop work outside and play in the shack. The Hawaii QSO Party was this weekend and I was able to contact stations on 20m,15m and 10m. Some were nice and loud and others not so much! I did find it very nice to contact so many Hawaiian stations in such a short time and all of them finished the contact with- aloha!! Sweet!
  I also spent some time updating My HRD logbook with info from QRZ.com manually since I still have not spent money to have access to the auto updating. During this process I found a contact I marked wrong as Spain-- actually is Balearic Island for another DXCC contact upping My total to 95 DXCC unconfirmed. I also had time to peruse the bands and was lucky enough to have a contact with J88CG on St. Vincent for DXCC #96. He's a direct QSL only so I might not have a confirmation without added work. All in all a fun day of radio!
  73---Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment