Saturday, August 11, 2012

Interesting Week

This has been an interesting week ,although not much on the Ham radio side. I did play for a VERY  short time in last weeks 10-10 contest. I had some difficulty using the new logging program but it was strictly operator issues. Band conditions in the far north have been less than stellar. I half heartedly tried to contact CY9M,TO2D and the several Olympic stations but no luck. I can blame some on band conditions and also bad timing on My part. I'm presently watching the clusters for D64K, but not much Midwest activity yet.
  I did receive a tweet from DX World which indicated Malpelo Island- HK0NA had uploaded logs to LOTW and sure enough-- I now have added them confirmed as DXCC # 73 . It also makes 93 different DXCC's worked . Maybe a few more will trickle in to LOTW to add to the totals!
 This last week I found time to replace My 25 year old Garage door opener which had died. I plan to repair it and reinstall on My pole building but really needed the garage opener working for My family now. We also had two evenings with extended power outages which always makes Us mindful of the need for electricity for everything. We bought a few LED lanterns and I moved My good UPS to the upstairs to support Our DSL modem and Family PC. Next Power outage We will at least have Internet access .
  Our family also found time to go to the neighborhood Night out on Tuesday. A real good idea for meeting neighbors and finding out about the Township business We don't always hear about!
  Last evening We lost one of our Sicilian Buttercup chickens to a predator-- Sad!! Now we only have 5 birds left! They are now also under house arrest- -confined to the coop and fenced in run area. When we let them free range now it'll only be under Our direct supervision!!

73---Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment