Tuesday, August 14, 2012

2o12L Customer service

Customer service is rather "tongue in cheek" since I believe all the operators associated with the 2o12L and 2o12W stations are volunteers so that makes My experience even more amazing! The last post I was very happy with My good luck contacting both London Olympic special event stations and the next day I checked the Online logs to check and see if I had been logged. I noticed they were being updated on a regular basis and sure enough there I was on the 2o12W log but I wasn't logged on either 15m or 20m for 2o12L.  I checked back later and even though it said the update had been uploaded since My log time-I still wasn't there!
  I checked the next day and next morning and still wasn't in the log! Bummer- Back to work the next day to My regular schedule so My chances for another contact would diminish greatly! I did see on the 2o12L website a contact email so I thought -what the heck and explained My situation and sent it. I didn't expect an answer for maybe days thinking it wasn't a high priority situation, but within 10 minutes I had a reply from Dave G4BUO, the HF Manager who said -yes they have been having some online log issues but would be trying another upload later today! Wow!! Talk about good service! Later both My contacts appeared in the log so I'm all set!
  My experience with this special event station was great as was the overall Olympics. Thanks "Great Britain" for a job well done!
  Don't know what I'll watch on Television now though .........
 73---Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment