Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Time of the Year

I've not had much "Ham Radio" type of posts lately. This is the time of the Year when I don't spend much time in the basement. I work Full-time Monday thru Friday so that only leaves Me evenings to do everything else. Lately that means walking the dog, playing sports with My girls, doing many "chicken" chores ( We have 10 hens!) and generally getting ready for spring !
This means I am back in the house around 8 pm, giving time to make tomorrows lunch, discuss assorted subjects with My Wife,eventually watch the news and sleeptime. Yeah, you get the picture-- leaves Me about an hour in the shack. If I write My blog,check email, cruise the bands-- times up!!
I'm really not complaining, My life is great! Never enough time but why should I be any different than most people? Wintertime in Minnesota is My shack time during the week.
I have slowly been working towards a working tri-bander on My short tower attached to the pole building. I will finish that before the snow flies and hopefully give a work detail of that project.Oh , I also need to experiment with a better HD antenna so all the local channels receive good and aren't breaking up.
Enough for now-- I could discuss the state of our Country or religion, but I need to keep this blogs topics Ham Radio only! No controversy here-
73-- Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment