Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Chasing Greens Island

Greens Island is located in the southwest corner of Amundsen Gulf, 15 miles east of Paulatuk Northwest Territories,Canada. Its "Islands on the Air "designation is NA-182. John VE8EV will be operating from there as CK8G from about April 14th 2200z thru April 17th. I have followed John before thru His Blog when He has operated other IOTA's and Contests.
I was fortunate to make contact on 20m during his IOTA activation of Ellice Island ( VX8X ) and I tryed for Banks Island ( VC8B) but conditions and timing did not cooperate. He has also participated in many contests giving the much needed NWT contact.
Tonight while writing this I've been pausing to check the DX cluster He is usually spotted on and also His website ( Blog) which did indicate He had landed in Paulatuk,but did not specify the time.So far no" spots" but I'll watch and listen for a time on 20m.
73 for now- will update --Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment