Monday, April 26, 2010

Lurking

Lurking! Have You heard this term before? Up in these parts it is a Licensed amateur listening in on fellow amateurs chatting on frequency. Can be on Vhf,UHF or even good 'ol HF. I actually do this when I'm working on projects in the shack,typing emails or just like lately when I'm in a quiet, retrospective mood....or when I have nothing to say!!
Most Hams do this at one time or another or on a repeater-should! How many times have You been monitoring a repeater, ready to jump into the conversation, not actually finding a clear pause in the conversation. Sometimes the flow of conversation is such that a person shouldn't interrupt! Then some bozo jumps in-basically to hear themselves talk! Rant,rant-LOL!!
Anyway- just thinking.... Gentleman on 40m now-- He bought himself a brand new Yaesu Ft-5000! Sounds like He likes it alot! Good for Him. I'm still happy with My Ft-950,probably should talk some more---maybe later.
73--Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment