Saturday, April 24, 2010

This and That

Last Saturday in April and We have been enjoying an early Spring. This time last Year We still had snow on the ground so I feel like I'm weeks ahead of yard cleanup. This is also Garage Sale time for Us so I took Vacation yesterday to assist My Wife ,put out signs, help with all aspects of running the sale. Today My Girls helped Us alot and now finally done. Very successful and now inside warming up this old body-- in the 40 degree farenheit temperature today so not fun sitting outside. Lucky for Me My Wife and girls did most of the selling!
Also busy at work , retirement party I attended and other Family ,work obligations. What does this have to do with Amateur Radio?? Nothing besides keeping Me from playing in the shack! Still do not have alot of time with the New FT-950, but I definately like the many features I have used. Briefly checked into a Saturday Morning HF Net and a heterodyning noise was present. Very difficult to elimainate, so far about the only interference the new Yaesu has not eliminated entirely. Narrowing receive bandwidth does almost completely remove it but then the voice sounds unnatural.
Oh well,enough for now-- local swapfest next weekend I hope to attend. Maybe I'll find a few treasures. 73- have a good weekend---Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment