Thursday, April 15, 2010

CK8G - 2nd Day

Went to bed last Night not hearing or seeing any indication of CK8G on the Clusters or the bands. When I had a chance at work today checked Ve8ex's blog and some info there indicated His arrival was quite late last night. Eventually it showed him as QRV at about 1400z this morning and checking the DX Cluster verified this. I also found out He was on Twitter as CK8G. I have followed several Dxepditions on Twitter and most of the time its a timely resource.
First chance for a contact would be after work , about 2130z or later. I did quickly look at the Dx cluster before leaving work and seen He was back on 14.260, the IOTA unofficial calling Frequency. After I was Home for a while, wandered down and turned on the radio, tuned it to 14.260 and there He was! He was also calling north America ,so I tuned up, turned on the processor for that little extra kick and after the next Complete QSO I threw out My call.
Now I'm not a big gun station, 100w into either a 260' open wire feed dipole or Buternut HF6V ground mounted vertical and hope for the best. The best is usually many attempts, catching the ebb and flow just right before success. This time was different! I said " November zero United Japan Japan" and right back was "november zero united japan japan 59". Wow! First try! I returned with a thank-you John 59 Minnesota and sat back with a smile! He was in the log without much fuss!
Later as I was writing this I listened to the West coast contacting CK8G,. I was hearing the West coast very well,but not a peep from CK8G. He was there,I just couldn't hear Him. Timing, luck and band conditions were with Me earlier!
73-- Happy Dxing, Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment