Monday, April 12, 2010

Insomnia.

Yes, happens on occasion. Can't sleep, so wander down to the shack , hoping for that rare DX. Too bad but the bands are back into a funk! Noise low end,silence above. No local repeater chatter even to occupy the time. I do enjoy playing with the new radio, but with little to listen to, eventually attention turned to a QSL card I received today. Its from January 9,2010 from a Canadian Ham operating Portable 7 from Quartzite,Arizona. His time and Mine of Our QSO differ by seven hours, don't know whats up with that but I do remember the QSO. Vertical to vertical antenna ,He was camping, I heard him call CQ with no takers so I answered. My report was 5x5 and I honestly could give Him a good 5x7. Nice Gentleman, Chatted about the usual, Rigs,power,antennas ,camping and retirement. I sent eQSL and LOTW, He sends a QSL card- nice. I'll be sending a card back-- wonder how the rest of His vacation was?
Tired, good night
73--Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment