Saturday, May 1, 2010

ARAC Swapfest

The Arrowhead Radio Amateur Club Swapfest in Superior,Wisconsin is the biggest Radio event I attend. I have been to this one for many Years in a row and its a favorite of mine. This Year I almost didn't go and I would have regretted it. Luckily I talked to some of My friends the night before on 146.52 and their enthusiasim convinced Me. One of them even ran the local net in the morning from the parking lot right outside this event.
I was up early this morning to take care of some chores and to check the water heater to see if it was again functioning normally-- don't ask!! I arrived before the "gates" were open and took the above picture of just the vendors and sellers inside. Sorry-a little blurry with My camera Phone.
Once inside , I quickly realized this was a virtual goldmine of great gear this year. More radios and Amplifiers than I had seen before- several amps made My mouth water, one was a Henry and another a AL-80 for a low price! Too bad I was tapped out with any major purchases, but still managed to buy a 5/8 2m mag mount for My company van-- no holes please! :). Also an estate sale of connectors and adapters for twenty five cents each- used but what a deal!
This event also was a goldmine of callsigns I had many QSO's with and had never had an eyeball conversation with till now. Lots of great conversation till finally I absolutely needed to go. Word of the day was-FUN! Reenergized My Ham attitude!
73--Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment