Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Nice Weekend!

Weather was great here this weekend. Older I get the more I dislike temperature extrememes, either below zero or too hot. I did not operate one bit of the CQ WPX , only checked how busy some of the bands were using HRD Bandscope and My Kenwood Ts-850. 20m was incredible and comparing it to 17m really made how full it was standout. Bandscope is a neat tool and I know at least one Ham who has used it to help alleviate noise by saving and sending the results by email,but thats a whole other story!
I had wanted to give My trusty Kenwood one last spin during a contest and before My new Yaesu arrives but that's the way it goes! I did have fun this weekend and spent lots of it with My family. We enjoyed Movie night, family Basketball where I realized walking Our dog is good but I'm still out of shape! Weekend was filled with many hours spent with My Wife and Kids doing all those activities We should do more often together.Basically an enjoyable time even though had a few pangs about WPX and the contest adrenaline rush....well,weekends like this will be remembered long after the contest is a fuzzy memory!!
73-- Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment