Friday, March 26, 2010

Ft-950 and WPX Weekend

My new Radio should arrive early next week . I was hoping it would be here before WPX weekend,but that's Ok. I've downloaded the manual and browsed thru it and checked eHam reviews and also several blogs with setup and reviews. A very good explanation and review of the Yaesu FT-950 is Dean Barnes' blog. I have also been thinking about minor modifications and layout of My shack. I think it's time to have My new HF rig closer to My computer instead of the Yaesu 857. I tend to ragchew on HF more than VHF lately and HF-6m versus 2m means I'll not be using the 857 as much!
This is also CQ WPX SSB weekend, started several hours ago and I still haven't jumped in. I setup the Kenwood 850, hooked the headset and footswitch up ,checked ALC and processor levels , made sure N1MM was set-up too. That was right before the contest started and then it was supper time, walk the dog and play some ball with My Girls. Chickens needed tending and just general chatting about the day and week with My wife till finally now down in the shack-- its another " jeez am I tired Friday night" . Much,much prefer contests that start on Saturdays! Maybe thats why I enjoy the State QSO parties so much.
Oh well, contest does run all weekend......
73--Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment