Saturday, March 20, 2010

New Radio on the way!!


Photo from Rigpix Database until I can take a picture of My own Radio!
Yes, I have to decided to upgrade to a newer Radio- a Yaesu Ft-950 which will be 20 years newer than the radio it will replace. Time for My trusty Kenwood TS-850s to go. Tough decision since this radio has performed flawlessly since I bought it 8 years ago from a Ham buddy of mine who was the original owner. I had seen pictures of the 850 when it first was being sold and always wanted one. Now that its 20 years old,with part availability unknown and before any problems arise , time for the Yaesu. I did this with several Radios about 5 years ago- sold them ,some other gear and bought My Ft-857D. I always need to offset the price and sell equipment to justify the expense.
Thanks to My Wife who supports this hobby and this new addition- love You!!
73-- Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment