Monday, January 23, 2012

Various Radio stuff!!

  Radio stuff! Yes, not any specific topic this time but I actually have been doing radio stuff lately!. I continue to check into a local 146.52 FM net as much as possible. I also check into a local 10m net on sunday night and a weather net thru My echolink app on My iphone to  a local repeater. This is a neat "net" with check-ins from around the USA with weather reports from all areas. On the HF side , I still find time for the "Iron Range net" on 3.919 at 8:00am CST saturday morning and "Pico" net on 3.925 at 9:00am CST and 3:00pm CST M-f and Saturday morning.Work does prevent Me from participation most days for some of these nets but I try to check in when I can.
  The last weekend was both the NAQP SSB and ARRL VHF contests. I managed to snag a few 2m and 6m contacts during the VHF contest. 6M was interesting because My 6m yagi on My tower is not operational with high SWR ,so I managed to tune thru My G5RV  wire antenna. Not many contacts this way,but better than none.
  I also tried to cut thru the pile-ups to snag HK0NA, Malpelo Island but had zero luck. I also tried a station from the Falkland islands but again no luck! Maybe next time!
  73 for now---Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment