Thursday, January 12, 2012

RTTY RU thoughts!

 Its been busy this week so this is the first chance to comment on last weekends contest. Not everything is fresh in My mind llike it had been, but for Me, lack of DX sums up the contest!. I did add 3 new DXCC's and one even submitted to LOTW for 68 confirmed now- Curacao! I'm hoping Martinique and New Zealand will confirm. Besides these three, I logged some of the usual suspects but it was sparse!
  Stateside was a different story with it being like the California or Washington QSO party! No complaints because this was fun to operate. I averaged about 25 Q's per hour S & P which  considering the exchange length wasn't too bad for Me. I checked on the 3830 Reflector and 25-40 Q's per hour looked average. SO2R contesters were 50 Q's and above with several being higher than 100 Q's per hour--wow!!
  I am again looking at running this contest FSK instead of AFSK and even looking at SO2R because I have another HF radio and PC, but will probably stay as a single op low power just because its more relaxed. I also noticed My exchange length was long for the conditions. Lots of the exchanges were 599 -state and ---boom-gone!! Whatever works but if conditions were noisy I do believe the longer encapsulated exchange is better-- next up the Minnesota QSO Party February 4th starting at 8:00am CST and ending 6:00pm CST.
 Hope catch you in the log!!
73---Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment