Saturday, January 28, 2012

DXPedition chasing!

I haven't had much of a chance to chase Dx lately and there are three Dxpeditions right now I want to try for. TN2T is the "Congo", HK0NA is Malpelo Island and VP6T is Picairn Island. I need all three and decided if conditions were good to try to contact each on as many bands as possible--maybe even RTTY!
 Looking at the Dx clusters I saw HK0NA was on both 10 and 12m. I have vertical antennas for both but 12m is My old CB groundplane on the back of the Pole building ( barn). They were strongest on 12m at S-9 and running split. I had tuned up several KCs down from the recieve frequency and the Tx was far enough up that I should have retuned! Yes-- when I transmitted, the SWR almost high enough for the Transmit power to fold back. Whats this? Reply back- "who's the N0?? Well that be Me and I gave them a reply .
HK0NA in the log on 12m! They proved much more diffucult on 10m. It was only many hours later when conditions changed that is was able to contact them there on 28405- split also! I eventually also made a contact on 20m too! Three bands-Yahoo!!
  I also have been trying contact TN2T-- Congo expedition but the only band I can hear them good is 18m and no luck so far. The deliberate interference to this expedition on 18m makes Me  angry . Deliberate on frequency tuning up and dead carrier. I'll never understand it .Does make it harder to complete a contact when I can't hear the DX!
  VP6T so far today at this QTH has hardly been heard. I'm hoping later conditions change and I have a chance. With work during the week it seems My only time is on the weekends to have a small chance to add these DXpeditions into the log.
  Time to try My dipole on 18m instead of the vertical. More later!
  73----Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment