Sunday, January 29, 2012

TN2T chase

  Well I continued chasing some DXpeditions and added HK0NA to a fourth band- 10,12,15 and 20m so I considered this very successful. I hardly heard a whisper from VP6T and the only band TN2T was fairly good copy was 20m- 14.189. Now20m for a little station running barefoot , using a ground mounted vertical or even a dipole is hit and miss. Its always a rough go when the bands are busy or propagation bad or both.
This weekend I think at My QTH in the far North,conditions were bad! Yes- I had good luck with HK0NA, but i chased them on and off all weekend to finally snag four bands. All the DX I chased this weekend was a tough go--even tried finding them on RTTY!
  So today on 14.189 TN2T was working a very big pile-up and trying to spread it out 5-10 khz up. I've had some success breaking thru a big pile but not today. I tried many times all afternoon, but it seemed to be the never ending pile. Trying to see the multitude I was up against I listened from 14.194-14.199 when TN2T was talking the background noise was S1, but the minute He finished the swell began- rising to S9 and above. It was incredible! The whole spectrum from 194-199 was like a big wave!-Wow, no wonder i couldn't break thru! Then to make matters worse-- on TN2T's transmit frequency was the tuner-uppers,the constant carriers and the lids who thought He was running simplex!! Even if I had gotten thru, I don't know if I would have known with all the rackett!!
  Crazy! Well maybe i'll try a little this work week- time is limited!
  73--Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment