Saturday, January 8, 2011

RTTY Fiasco!

Well just when i thought My RTTY setup and backup were in good shape-- tried the pre test on Thursday and Friday and very inconclusive. OK- total failure although I really don't want to admit that. I had an occasional broken reply with My callsign but could never really complete a QSO, so have finally fallen back to the FT-857 which I think is working but, "moni" on this radio doesn't appear to work! So I can't hear My "diddles" ! The FT-950 seems to work for a bit then I lose Rx audio and I can't figure out what is happening to it. My Kenwood TS-850 is hooked to a PC with a bad soundcard or driver and unfortunately in trying to reload a different driver- I now have a virus!!
Contest starts in an hour-- I hope I can cobble something together!
73 for now----Tim

1 comment:

  1. I'll be looking for you in a few. Good luck and do the best you can with what you have. I'll be looking for you on as many bands I can work MN on. Good luck!

    David - K2DSL
    http://www.k2dsl.com

    ReplyDelete