Sunday, January 23, 2011

Echolink and iPhone

I tried using Echolink on an iTouch but at the time We used a Satellite internet company and a local router. I could never even get the connect test to pass and always assumed either My router or Satellite delay were causing issues. Guess I'll never know because We have had DSL since before Christmas and I just recently upgraded My old phone to a iPhone. The Echolink App works great and tonight I checked into a local Weathernet thru Iphone and Echolink . The local repeater I access seemed to be down and other link repeaters are only accessible when My 2m beam is working. The rotator is froze and so My directional antennas are not!!
I was totally amazed at the ease of connecting tonight to the local echolink repeater access. Did the connect test and tested My audio and when the net started-bingo!! I heard net control and saw the users on echolink!
Try Echolink- sign in on the Internet, You'll receive an answer back to your email and the fun begins.Not a huge repeater user but this is neat!
73---Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment