Thursday, January 6, 2011

The good and bad with SKYPE

I became a Skype member several Years ago when I aquired an itouch. I used it for awhile to chat with My family thru Instant messaging when out of town. Recently with PC upgrades, several laptops now have built in webcams,so leave it to My Girls to try video calling. It works really well and I'm impressed but Skype lets new accounts start with privacy wide open and one of My Daughters had an"ishy" person try to contact them.Scary!! Needless to say the account is now locked down very tight. Word to the wise- new accounts need privacy invoked right away! That was several several weeks ago and all seems to be OK now. I've recently bought a Logitech C150 webcam for My hamshack PC. I'm waiting to install it till after ARRL RTTY Ru this weekend- don't want any conflicts to interfere with the contest! I'll let you know how the Webcam install goes and the contest results. Hope to log a QSO with many out there! :) 73----Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment