Monday, January 3, 2011

More RTTY

Monday at work wasn't too bad and I still felt energetic after Supper so here I am in the shack working on My RTTY setup. I've decided to concentrate on the Yaesu RTTY setup and wait with the Kenwood because of the sound card issues. The PC I'm using with the Yaesu setup has a RS232 com board I added and it works Ok but seems to lose the last settings after power off. This means I need to always check Playback control properties or start a program like "Digipan" and set waterfall drive properties. It always wants to use "mic" instead of "line in". Beats Me why!
For most contests I use N1MM logger and for the RTTY portion, N1MM works well with MMTTY. In the config of N1MM, I just needed to direct the logger to bring up the RTTY engine from MMTTY. Sounds complicated and quite frankly I needed help the first time to get it working. Some of the help files in the logger should be a good starting point. Since this is a different PC since the last RTTY contest I needed to set up all new parameters. Changing from AFSK to FSK only required a change in the TX field.
The major change ended up being the macros-- all wrong! I spent quite awhile retyping them and saving to file. I also tested them when I was done into a dummy load- its diddleing and i also caught several typos. I'm getting close to being ready for Saturday! The club I'm a member of will probably have a pre-test to check out Our set-ups! Hope i find the time to participate!
73--Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment