Friday, June 18, 2010

a Google find

Have you ever googled yourself? I have a very common name so the pages of info are overwhelming unless I google My callsign. This is what did and found many pages of My exsistance from blogs,contesting and other times I've been mentioned in cyberspace. Very interesting stuff!! I even exsist on Russian servers!! I also happened across a link referencing the CQ WPX 2009 contest indicating a certificate waiting in PDF for N0UJJ. What the?? Sure enough, 5th place , single operator ,low power, 20m band only for the zero callsign area.
Further checking revealed these certificates are given to many places , I only checked to tenth place, but what the hey? I'll take it! Its a quite nice looking certificate and its a paper to show the Family so they realize My time spent contesting has value.
73---Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment