Wednesday, June 16, 2010

3 QSO's in a Minute

My time operating during the June ARRL VHF contest consisted of three QSOs during about a minutes duration on Sunday. Reading the 3830 archives leads Me to believe 6m on Saturday was cranking. My Yagi is kaput ,so it would have been verticals only. Maybe next Year!
I did keep very busy considering it rained on and off all weekend. I still have not had time to install the Square shooter TV antenna but because of this project I've re-evaluted My other Ham antenna projects. At one time I was going to put a mono bander for 10m , using an old ATB34 without the traps . This was the only option to fit it in the required space unless-- I move My tri-band VHF/UHF vertical but until recently had no place to reinstall it. Along comes the aforementioned HDTV antenna and now the antenna movement will begin.
Instead of mounting the TV antenna on My existing tower, it will instead be on the backside of the garage along with the tri-band vertical. More trenching coax-- oh well! This will give just enough space for the tri-band beam (ATB34) to spin around. It won't be super high,but at this elevation and with the opening thru the trees East and South should give fair results. Time will tell!!
73 for now--Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment