Thursday, March 15, 2012

Yaesu DVS-6 Digital Voice memory unit

Picture from Yaesu.com of DVS-6

 I ordered this unit today from a major Ham Radio Supplier for 59.95 plus shipping and handleing! I have in the past thought about a Voice keyer for contests but the price has always stopped Me. This price I couldn't pass up and it is manufactured for the FT-950 and fits inside.It has 5 memories with 20 seconds of storage each. Should be enough for Me to call CQ contest and rest My voice. I'll try to post a pictorial as I install this and do testing-- Fun!!!
  73---Tim

2 comments:

  1. I got the same unit recently to facilitate contest operation. I was a bit worried since I had read accounts about distorted audio, but that turned out to be not true - it all depends on the settings during the voice recording.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Agree. I've had zero distortion issues.. I use my Heil microphone for recording.

      Delete