Sunday, March 4, 2012

Winter in a week!!

The winter that wasn't turned into the this!! Around 12" of heavy wet snow middle of the week and then another 11-14" on Saturday. The last amount was supposed to be less than an inch but conditions turned right for a healthy dose of "lake Effect snow"  a phenomonon caused by winds off of Lake Superior. Since I still hadn't finished clearing snow from the work week, Saturdays addition sent Me into full snow removeal over the weekend. Consequently My Ham Radio hobby took a back seat-- I was supposed to have time for the ARRL International SSB DX contest but it was cast aside to make room for snow! I did hear the bands were not great so it would have been a tuff slug for this little low power station anyway! Thats what I'm telling Myself-Hi,hi!!
 73---Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment