Tuesday, March 13, 2012

FT-950 and noise

 I updated software yesterday on My Yaesu FT-950 and because of this , all the settings are lost. Not a problem because I wrote all the menu settings down if not default. Each band setting like "My Bands" and band stacking are also lost. I also noticed tonight when switching between bands , the contour,notch filter and noise blanker were default off on every band. Just so happens My noise level is very bad without these on!  It might have been this noisy- S9 depending on band, for quite some time but I didn't notice when all the filtering is turned on! Wow-- what a radio! I'm constantly impressed and at times like this it is cool to reaffirm the radio's ability to amaze Me!! Some conversations on several bands were hardly even heard until I turned on the notch,contour and noise blanker which reduced the noise level to below the received voice. S9 to less than S3- incredible.
  Great radio!
  73---Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment