Friday, December 30, 2011

Ham Gathering

  About this time every Year I am invited to have Lunch with active and retired guys from the company I work for-- most are licensed Ham operators, so lots of great Ham related topics. We usually manage about 10 guys and this year was no different. My elmer happened to sit next to Me and Our conversation turned to 60 meters, a band I've only listened to but never operated on. When My 6 meter Yagi was operational I used to hear very well on 60 meters. Different type of allocation- 5 channels , 50 watts max ,USB, channelized Tx and RX. Reminds Me of Citizen Band channels. I guess gray line propagation has been active lately. My friend mentioned QSO's around the USA and even England. If I had a tunable antenna I would check it out! He recently made a wire antenna cut for 60m and I guess it works very well. I have too many antennas now but never say never!!
  Almost the end of the Year. I had planned to hoist My Cushcraft ATB-34 tri-band beam but never found the time. This coming year I hope to fix My 6m beam and also get the ATB-34 in the air. Still plan to only have it on a shorty tower but at least it would enjoy the light of day!!Be safe tomorrow and have a Happy New Year!!
 73---Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment