Friday, December 23, 2011

LOTW issue again and 4 New DXCC!!

  Remember when I said My LOTW issue was cleared up? Well it actually only appeared to be . I needed to check the LOTW page at the proper place to verify it. Go to "Your account" , then "your Activity" and look across and see your latest certificate upload details and click on "results" in parentheses. This gives a detailed explanation of Your latest TQSL upload and if any part has an issue- this will give the details! Mine did have issues and it gave Me the indication this particular certificate was in conflict with an older one.
 The ARRL LOTW website has good FAQS and troubleshooting procedures and I followed these and requested a new certificate. Still no worky,so I tried again, still issues!! Finally I directly contacted the LOTW and received a prompt reply with instructions on receiving a valid certificate.Problem was these instructions seemed to be the same procedure I had already performed several times! I decided to delete everything concerning the TQSL program. Deleted all files,programs,email files,trashcan and every hidden file I could find. I restarted computer and accessed the ARRL website and downloaded the TQSL program again- version 1.13 and then thru this program requested a new secure certificate. It only took a day to receive a email back with My new certificate and-Viola!! Using the procedure from both the email and website, I now have a working,valid TQSL certificate. Uploaded all My contests and contacts from My logbook after certifying them with the TQSL program and within an hour the LOTW program validated them!!
  With these new QSL/QSO contacts added to My LOTW log , I am getting closer to WAS on more bands and have added 4 more DXCC confirmations-Canary Islands,Denmark,Japan and Jersey. Several of these are surpriseing additions that I thought would have  years ago! Just glad to finally have them confirmed! Over 2800 QSO's  in LOTW with 64 DXCC confirmed and 90 DXCC unconfirmed.
   I emailed ARRL and thanked them for their prompt response. It appears My TQSL program on My PC had issues and reloading took care of the problem. LOTW is a great resource I hope more Hams start using!
 Merry Christmas and Happy holidays-- God bless Us All!!
 73---Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment