Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Logging misadventures and a small QRZ complaint!!

  It's very difficult to complain about any free Logging or look-up software but after this contest Ham radio Delux did not fill in the QTH particulars. Not even the country!! I thought I had another issue like last time with some software discrepency. After several hours of looking and checking and finally browsing I finally found the answer!! The QRZ.com website now with the cooperation of some of the Logging programs will now only deliver that information if paying for the XML QRZ subscription service- $29.95 a year. Price is very reasonable but I of course enjoyed the "free" service. I understand the need to charge-- lots of time and effort is involved keeping database info up to date. The choice then is no QTH info or pay to play!!! I do wish the next time QRZ.com would inform us unsuspecting free-loaders about the change----OK ,just kidding!!!
  I also had a LOTW issue which was accidentally caused by Me! I did the TQSL certificate correctly but I uploaded the wrong certificate and LOTW did not like that!! I did upload the correct after being chastised on the LOTW site by the "server" and it even sent Me a new certificate! tonight i decided it was not going to accept My previous download so I installed the new certificate and uploaded my log again.We'll see how that goes!!
  Last was a problem with a different UTC time with a station. Looking in My log really confused Me because the amended time sent corresponds with a VERY similiar call.Hmmm - time will tell on this one also. I'm either wrong or the far end! Trouble is this is a DXCC I need. bummer!!
73 for now---Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment