Saturday, December 4, 2010

The week that was

This Holiday season is busy and flying by. My girls and I went Christmas shopping today and the stores are crazy. We also added about nine inches of snow to Our total on the ground and I have to say its a winter wonderland up here! Gotta love it or you need to leave it. I'm loving it!
I've also been trying to finish upgrading My new/old Dell PC to replace an outdated,slow,slow slow PC that has been My main shack one for quite a while. I believe I've successfully added an I/O PCI card so i now have two serial ports. I've also been downloading Ham related programs to this Dell PC and maybe tomorrow I'll swap the two PC's.
I'm also building an interface for RTTY and the digital modes to connect another PC to My Kenwood TS-850-- yes, I know, I haven't sold it yet and I'm actually going to keep it and add to My shack. I must be crazy-- money would be nice but this just might be temporary. I'll use it for several RTTY contests coming early next year.I'll decide after that!
Christmas tree is up- still need to finish decorating it but We are tired and took a movie break!
Appropriate-- "A Christmas Carol" with Jim Carrey-- fun!!
73---Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment