Sunday, November 28, 2010

Time and lack of it!

OOps, just noticed My Clock on this blog was set to DST-- sorry. I think I corrected it!
I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving! Our trip out of town was delayed by a snowstorm. We finally visited Grandma Saturday and today which was very nice but upon Our return it was dark and so is our Chicken coop! Water frozen solid and distressed birds! I finally have the trouble narrowed down to a circcuit breaker,bad disconnect box or the more likely culprit-- underground feed from the pole building to the coop. Decided I need daylight to continue so took off tomorrow and currently am backfeeding with an extension chord. All breakers and fuses off and pulled! Can never be too safe!!
In a Ham related subject-- last week checked SWR on My Butternut vertical and it was very high on all bands. It was fine the weekend before during Sweepstakes but now was definately bad! We had an ice/snow storm in between then and now.. so I wonder. I checked all visable connections and dug the snow at the base away so I could inspect those connections. Finally started digging thru snow and weeds to the connection between the hardline and the 75 ohm matching stub. Nothing obvious, but checking SWR again showed all back to normal! Oh,boy! The feared intermittant connection-- I think its buried under coax seal and black tape at the hardline/coax transition. I think I'll try to baby it till the weather warms a bit-- preferably spring!!
73---Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment