Sunday, December 12, 2010

ARRL 10m Contest-- Saturday/Sunday

We are lucky and did not receive but a light dusting of snow. South and east of Us was another story! Today, Sunday the temps started at 15F below zero-- brrrr. The contest has been just as cold. I thought Saturday morning the floodgates were about to open. Signals suddenly were popping out of the ether. Too bad they came and went so quickly! Two Texas and one Puerto Rico station and were gone. Should have kept with S&P but tried calling CQ to try for a run but the band died and I didn't realize it for a time.
No more activity except one local. Sunday so far is the same- nothing. I will update if any openings happen,but for now....
73---Tim
Towards the end of this contest , northern Minnesota did finally experience 10m propagation. I added mostly Texas stations and even tried "running" but without alot of success. I guess I need
some metal in the air. My Vertical antenna just didn't seem to be enough this time. I ended up with a smaller score than the previous two years- which doesn't seem right! Less than 50 contacts-- would be better If I did CW!
73---Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment