Friday, December 10, 2010

ARRL 10m Contest-- Friday night

Well the contest started at 6:00 CST here in Minnesota and so far I've only logged locals. My score would be double if I was a Charlie wiskey op. All the more reason to start studying again.
Slow start but chatting with the locals has been fun and enlightening. About half of these guys only get on the air during a contest! All of them have been interesting and are great operators.
The news is over and I'm monitoring 28400 without much activity-bed soon. Ok- another local contact. He is mobile heading home so We had a nice QSO and even switched to 2m SSB till He pulled into His driveway. I'll give it a little more time-hoping for some activity before the expected 7-12 inches of snow We are supposed to receive! More snow removal again!
73--Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment