Friday, December 24, 2010

RTTY Interfaces


Besides everything else happening during the Christmas season, I've been trying to finish building two Digital/PSK/RTTY interfaces. The light colored box is an interface I made for several older radios for PSK and SSTV. I use a RS232 switchbox to switch between different radios and it has worked well for many years with only minor modifications. The black box is a new project for just My Kenwood Ts-850 and mostly will be for RTTY, although all the other digital modes can also be used with it-even CW !
Both boxes use similiar circuits with level adjustment,isolation audio transformers and optical isolator IC's for all PTT/RTTY circuits. I just finished modifying the original gray box for RTTY and My Yaesu FT-950 and it appears to work. After the holidays will have a better chance to test it.
Speaking of the Holidays-- Merry Christmas!!
73--Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment