Sunday, January 10, 2016

St Lucia for # 126 and NPOTA

Before Christmas on the 10m band ,J68HZ, Joel on the Island of St. Lucia was operating Voice. Looking at My DXCC worked I realized St. Lucia was not confirmed although I had worked several stations over the years from that QTH. J68HZ happens to be a LOTW user and confirmation happened on January 6th for DXCC # 126. A nice QSO but short which is real typical. Our Family vacation in March of last Year was a cruise and one of the Islands was St. Lucia.We had a nice tour of the Island and I remember it fondly.
I also took some time recently to try contacting some National Parks on the air activation and did have some success. These Activation I think will be a little more challenging than the Centennial celebration of 2014 because of the locations from remote areas at times. Antennas and rig setup might not be as robust as a station activating their QTH. Possibly its just changing conditions but I suspect its more to do with low power and less than optimum antenna set ups! Still will be fun to chase.
73---Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment