Monday, January 4, 2016

ARRL RU 2016


I've participated in this contest for several years and have a good time always.Usually its very cold out and its nice to be inside contesting. Solar conditions looked to be iffy with a solar event during contest time but I found conditions to be good. Fact is at the start at 1800 UTC if I could have continued the rate per hour I would have really ran up the totals. It didn't last but first hour doing S&P I was able to do 50 Q's per hour which for Me is smoking! A 25-30 per hour rate is more typical and for most of the contest that was My rate or lower on 40 and 80m.
I was very pleased with openings on all the bands from 10m to 80m. Fact is 40 and 80m were fair and I did make numerous contacts on both bands although 15 and 20m were the best through both days. Sunday did seem to have less activity and many, many gray call signs printing in the N1MM program indicating a previous contact.
My participation last year yielded 250 QSO's and early Sunday I decided to try and exceed that amount this Year. It was a scramble at the end- Dinner "bell" rang it was close but I managed 256 Q's--Yeah! Although I had less multipliers so My score was actually less than last years!
Very fun contest with lots of familiar call signs logged and many new ones too!
Murphy stayed away and PC,radio and software ran excellant
till next time--73--Tim

PS-finished this post then realized the title was wrong. I had put a date of 2015--duh!!












No comments:

Post a Comment