Wednesday, October 1, 2014

N1mm,TQSL and other topics


I operated the recent CQ WW RTTY contest and both before and after realized I was revisions back on several programs.My logging program -N1MM was many months behind so I did install release V14.9.0 which did seem to run OK although I eventually had some issues which I'll write about in the next post about the contest.
I also uploaded to LOTW and of course in doing so was informed of a new TQSL update. After the log upload I installed the new version 2.0.3 but soon realized it was not recognizing My exsisting Callsign certificate needed to sign logs. After much failed tries I asked for a renewal but this one would not install either!! Eventually I tried the "repair" portion of the TQSL download and tried a reinstall and-violla!! A worker! Not sure what caused the corrupt download but I'm glad its fixed.
Also realized My subscription to QRZ's XML subscription service was almost expired so I paid $29.95 for another Year. This service is needed for HRD logging program to "fill in" the callsign info. It does work good and its not a bad price for access to this information.
**** special note***
It appears that the Yaesu FT-950 which has been discontinued still actually has minimal software support.I noticed on the Yaesu website a new CPU main version upgrade--ver. 1.18 as of 3/27/2014. Looks to be a minor update but still :)Nice to know they still care about My trusty FT-950!!
73---Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment