Thursday, February 28, 2013

Preparing for DX contest

The ARRL International SSB DX contest is this weekend and I've been doing a little preparation.I downloaded the latest N1MM contest logger version 13.02.03 and the associated WL_CTY_DAT country list and also the Master_DTA for DX countries. A prelimanary look and all appears OK. Also loaded the new contest into My logger.
 I've also been testing My antennas because My Butternut HF6V was still out of service and I would really like a backup for 15m. My inverted L might cover OK but doesn't appear like any other antenna will-not the Dipole which has never liked 15m for some odd reason but maybe,just maybe My short G5RV might. Then during further testing My HF6V magically started working but I'm not holding My breath- temperature sensitive maybe??
  No matter what i'll give it a try this weekend.My big limiting factor will be as usual-BIC ( but in chair :) time which can tough.
 Hope to hear you on the bands-- Friday Night 6pm CST till sunday 6pm.
73--Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment