Sunday, February 17, 2013

Lack of Activity

We have finally added to snow totals with one big storm and several small ones. It actually feels like a normal winter now. Forecast shows more snow later this week. This much accumulation does make it difficult to walk Our dog on the trails thru the woods . It also keeps Me from investigating the issue with My ground mounted vertical. I think from previous testing I have an open somewhere on the coax from the shack to the base of the antenna. The depth of the snow makes it almost impossible to continue until it melts. Appears to be a Spring project and My G5RV will also be looked at closer then. During a previous contest I had to resort to My back up antennas-G5RV being one of them and it kept changing tuning. It changed alot so maybe a broke wire or bad connection but no matter it needs TLC.
  I'm glad Google finally fixed the "add Picture" portion of this blog. Works great now!
 Not much Ham Radio activity- too much out of town work and overtime. Guess its better to do it now than summer! :) Its also not as much fun chasing DX when main DX antenna not available!
  73---Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment