Sunday, July 1, 2012

Tree Trimming

When I decided to install My 10m yagi I knew it was partially blocked by huge pine trees on the North and west sides but was more concerned with the East and south directions(Europe ,east coast and Caribbean ). Some small trees on the south and east sides needed to be cut since my Yagi is only up about 20' and these are above that.Luckily they are 4" or less diameter and mostly poplar type so no big loss. I'll cut them up for firewood this fall but I really wanted them down before then.  I used a rope to tie each one to help direct the fall and proceeded to cut! Lots of brush and small trees to work around but the resulting open sky area is great. I also need to do the same thing around My ground mounted vertical. Its amazing how fast these trees and brush grow up in the great north! Next time I'll try to time it for a cooler day-- 88 F is a little too hot for this kind of work!!
  73--Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment