Monday, July 23, 2012

13 colonies,EQSL and 10-10

I recently participated in the 13 Colonies Special event and Georgia K2G was one of the states I had a QSO with. When I checked to see if I've had any recent activity on EQSL, this QSL was waiting along with several others. I also sent Money and My Contact information to receive the 13 Colonies certificate but don't expect to see it in the mail for a while so this was a nice surprise.   I send all My logs to EQSL and I print out interesting or rare QSL's from other members I've contacted. I flip an 8 x 11 sheet of paper so I can fit two cards on it. I put these into a binder and its growing bigger all the time. A nice cheap way of  collecting cards!
 I also recently finished contacting 10 members of 10-10 international so I sent money and contact info to  receive My own number. Hopefully I'll receive the number before the next 10-10 sponsored contest I want to participate in.
  Speaking of contests- The Recent RTTY and Wordwide VHF contest came and went without me making one contact. A family Reunion on Saturday and Church and other obligations kept Me busy on Sunday. A few times I  checked the bands for VHF signals  I didn't hear any! Maybe at this location I didn't miss much. I know I had a great time all weekend even if it wasn't Radio related!!
73--Tim

 

No comments:

Post a Comment