Sunday, July 8, 2012

13 Colonies Special Event

This is the certificate sent for participation in the 13 Colonies Special event. A QSO with even one of the colony stations and Your eligible for this certificate. Nice looking-- they add a "sweep" endorsment for contacting all Thirteen and if a contact is made with WM3PEN ( Commemorating William Penn) a Liberty Bell seal is also added. This event has a well designed Website with good information and for the time I operated trying to contact all thirteen,the operators were first rate. Most signed with "GOD bless America" and 73's!!
  This event had originally been scheduled for July 1st-5th but because of storm/lack of electric conditions out East it was extended thru 0400 UTC Sunday ( Midnight EST Saturday. ) This was good for Me since I had no chance of participating till Friday night when I realized it was still operating. I spent about 45 minutes Friday contacting 6 colony stations on 20 and 40m. I saw  WM3PEN spotted but conditions were poor and I didn't manage a contact. I thought I was done because Saturday looked too busy but I managed to be back on the air for the last hour and a half before the Event shut down. I again managed 6 stations but failed to find the final one from North Carolina. I also missed the WM3PEN again as conditions were very tough!
  I have My log and information filled out and will send for the Certificate. Fun event and I think it runs around July fourth every year.
  73---Tim
PS- - The Calgary Stampde is also running a Special Event commemorating 100 Years-- I made contact with CK6S on 20m so I'll send for a card from them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment