Wednesday, February 16, 2011

HRD and QRZ

I've used Ham Radio Delux for several years as My general logging program.All contest log are imported to this program and I do regular saves. I also use QRZ.com and have a simple biography with My call sign. Its interesting to see the different information other Hams add to QRZ. HRD has always updated from QRZ .com if specified and a little over a year ago a update was needed because QRZ.com changed its layout.
All was good until about six months ago when I noticed most of My logged entries was not updating from QRZ.com and not even when I tried to manually force it. This weekend after importing the recent RTTY contest I was having the same problem. Wanting to look up a few callsigns from the contest , I logged into QRZ.com and looked these up. I soon noticed these now had all the info I normally have from QRZ to HRD but only for those callsigns. I tried an edit on a different callsign and there it was! All info except the "location Grid" . What?!?!. It appears I need to be logged into QRZ.com for HRD to receive all the info-- I didn't know that!! Maybe you did- :)))
73---Tim
Update-- 2/7/2012  Future post explains how QRZ now requires a paid subscription to fill in the blanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment