Tuesday, February 22, 2011

DX Analyzer

Well in the old beginning days of My Ham Radio career, Dx was any contact outside of the normal area. Since most were on 6m, that meant outside of My state! After My license upgrades and HF privledges, that increased for Me to include Canada and the occasional ,fantastic North Caribbean Contact.Eventually with My contest participation ,usually 20m offered Me some actual "DX". What a thrill to finally have literally world-wide coverage. Depending on Propagation and sunspots which seem to be finally coming to life!
Last Year adding My Vertical ground mounted HF6V antenna really opened the DX door and now this year I have the inverted "L" for 160m and up to help also. Finally , using a mode like RTTY has also helped the DX count. When I only had a dipole and little vertical for 10/12m, I remember watching a Dx pedition the whole time they operated for a chance to work them on voice. DX count doesn't increase very fast that way,but I always enjoyed the chase!! Means alot with a puny signal!
After My last conquest of TJ9PF, I started wondering about where I stand with DXCC. LOTW shows only 39 confirmed entities but what is My unconfirmed total? With some recent issues with HRD, I've been really going thru this program and I stumbled upon the logbook analyzer. Yes,I'm probably the only HRD user not to realize this wonderful part of the logging program exsists, but now that I've found it, I want to say how great it is!! With some tweaking it appears My mixed amount of DXCC entities is 70. Not alot for people with aluminum in the air but not bad for Me!
Some of the more memorable ones are Ducie island,VP6DX, I remember chasing them for awhile- even snagged them on 12m voice with an old CB vertical on My pole building. Also Desecheo Island, K5D, Voice on 20m and Isle of Mann on 20m voice.Two RTTY contacts are TJ9PF and My longest at 9,149 miles of South Africa. No "JA's" yet but I'm hopeful with the ARRL DX SSB coming up in March.
Remember the CQ 160M SSB contest this weekend!!
73---Tim

PS-- It appears I only need the state of Wyoming for WAS Mixed! How could I have missed them??? Any Wyoming out there for a sched on Voice or Digital ?? :)
PSS-- Just rechecked logs--I've worked Wyoming but no LOTW confirmation.Always hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment