Saturday, January 16, 2010

Missed the Party, but Lunch was great!!

I checked the bands tonight and 160m seems to be in great shape. Also listened to 40m and what did I hear? CQ Contest the NAQSOP, the North American QSO Party! Too tired,too late of a start and My voice is still giving Me fits-- thats another story, too participate. I thought I remembered this Contest from last Year and checking the NCJWeb website Logs from 2009- there I am! Not quite at the bottom of the heap ,but at least I sent in a log. Several weeks from now I'll be putting in a good effort for the Minnesota QSO Party. I've participated the last two Years and its a real fun contest! I'll write up the results, good or bad!
Two Nights ago I received a Telephone call from a Ham Friend and retired Employee from the Company I presently work for. Seems it was time for Our annual Lunch get together with several other Hams and retired or ex-employees of the same company. We usually fit this in during the holidays ,but We were late this Year. It was very enjoyable and a great time to catch up on the latest projects and aquasitions My Friends have made recently. Several Autotuners ,Amplifiers ,Antennas and even a Garage build were talked about. We all are active Hams but not with the same interests on the bands so don't always chat on the air. We don't always talk to each other on the phones either, something all of Us need to work on!

No comments:

Post a Comment