Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Itunes and Windows XP

I still have Windows XP PC's in My Hamshack which I use for Logging, Internet access and Radio control. I also use My WinXP laptop for updating My Iphone. I noticed Itunes was no longer asking for updates although My wifes laptop upstairs-a Windows 7 machine seemed to be needing updates past Itunes 12.1.2.
This didn't seem to be a problem until I upgraded to an Iphone 6s. Itunes wouldn't let Me Sync My new phone so consequently I couldn't copy any information to it. Browsing with the Keywords "Windows XP and Itunes" brought Me to this page--https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1614?locale=en_US
The apple explanation is I needed this direst download to Itunes 12.1.3 and I was stuck at 12.1.2. Downloading this newer version solved My problem. I'm not sure why Itunes did not automatically do this--maybe Apple and Microsoft are trying to push Me away from My older XP machines. I did just upgrade My Wifes PC from Win 7 to the new Windows 10 and so far no complaints.
73---Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment